Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2000
US
I have a user that's having a problem with a spreadsheet. It's a multiple page workbook, when she opens it, one of the pages make everycell into an individual page (numbered too). If another user opens it from another workstation, the workbook is normal. It's an odd problem, I haven't found any info anywhere else. Let me know if things a bell.
Thanks

Domenick Pellegrini
dpellegrini@yahoo.com

Domenick,
I don't know if this will help or not, but make sure there is not anything in the xlstart folder (C:\program files\microsoft\office) this can affect what happens when you open up excel.

Eric

Well there was a file in there (.xla) and I removed it, but the user is still having the same problem. Thanks for the info though.
Domenick Pellegrini
dpellegrini@yahoo.com

Everytime I have something strange happening I check for any macros running.

Yeah I'm going to save that as a last resort. It's only happening on one spreadsheet. If she encounters it on any more I'm going to have to uninstall it and reinstall.

Domenick Pellegrini
dpellegrini@yahoo.com

Put the interfering page in a different directory from the excel files you are using.

Dom:

If it's just this one file, please don't bother reinstalling. It won't help. It's the file or the printer driver, I assure you. There's a slight possibility of some version confliction, but I cannot think what would cause it.

Check this on THAT sheet:

How many rows to repeat at top/columns to repeat at left?
Did you try clearing that, and the print area?
What happens if that sheet is moved to a new file?
What happens if cells ONLY are copied to a new file?
When's the last time this user's PC has been cleaned up?

Are the two printers/drivers exactly the same?

Ok, I can't think of anything else. :)

I haven't considered the printer driver, but that could make sense. I'll check that.
Domenick Pellegrini
dpellegrini@yahoo.com

Well the printer driver is current for the printer and OS.
Domenick Pellegrini
dpellegrini@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back