Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2000 Macro (Stop the flickers well running) 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

klmorgan

Technical User
Aug 31, 2001
GB
Anyone know how to turn off the screen when a macro runs to prevent the flicker from recorded macros?

There was a command in Lotus called PanesOn and Panesoff but I can't find one in Excell

Thanks

Keith Morgan

Application.ScreenUpdating = False to turn updating OFF

and then = True to turn back ON

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

This also will make your macros run faster, updating the screen appears to take a lot of clock cycles, the macros that I ran before this would take several minutes to run before I turned off the updating.

Much of the activity that causes flicker also slows down execution. In most case this activity can be eliminated by having your code NOT select cells before operating on them.

There is no need when using VBA to select a cell to apply a value or format to it. However the macro recorder will record the selections as they are made. The best way to learn and optimise VBA is to clean up your recorded macros.

Just a thought if you are interested.

AC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back