Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel 2000- If A2="Mike" then copy entire row....... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunker55

Technical User
Jan 22, 2004
CA
If A2="Mike" then copy entire row into this workbook.

Is this possible?

thanks

A2 = Mike

a4 = See Spot run

a6 = formula = See Spot run

Mike

See Spot run

=IF(A2="Mike",A4,"")

Regards
Peter Buitenhek
Profit Developer.com

Not sure I understand...
Where are you wanting to copy *from* and *to*?
A little more detail would help get you a correct answer!

Sorry, I wasn't very clear.
I have one main database where everything is entered. If column "A" says "Ken" then copy the whole row (10 columns) into a worksheet named "Ken". If column "A" says "Mike" then copy entire row into worksheet named "Mike".
And so on.

joe

Ok, so you have a workbook containing an "entry" worksheet and separate worksheets for each person.

Basically:
You will need to use code to loop through the rows on the "entry" worksheet and determine the name in column A. Use the name to determine which "Person" worksheet to copy the data to.

Some considerations:
How do you want the data copied? (Append it to existing data on the "Person" sheet, replace existing data, etc...)
What happens to the data on the "entry" sheet? (Leave it where it is, delete it once copied, etc...)
What happens when a name is entered and there isn't a corresponding "Person" sheet? (Raise an error, create a new sheet, etc...)

Good Luck!

Thanks MisterC for the tip. You gave me a few things to think about also. This should keep me busy writing the code.

j

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back