Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exceed Voice Mail\Auto Attendant Ports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scmhc

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2006
US
Is there any way to see if the number of Voice mail ports are exceeded and how often they were exceeded. I am trying to determine if I need to purchase more VM ports

There probably is a way to do it, I don't know how, but if you are running 3.2 (and maybe earlier versions I haven't tried) you can set a huntgroup up to the same name as your VM Module and see how many calls hit this group. Put a phone you don't use much and when it rings see if it says the name of the module. Do the users ever compain that they can't check vm?

Users are not complaining, but my concern is our clients and getting to the auto attendant.

I don't work on them any more but I remember there's an option in Monitor. One of the tick boxes in the Filter options - I think it might have something written next to it saying it's for Avaya use only, or maybe it was Debug. I can't remember exactly. Anyway, have a look and tick it. Then under the View menu (I think) is an option for Voicemail ports or something similar. You can then view info about the voicemail like ports in use, and what they're doing. I have a feeling it tells you how many times they're busy etc. Have a nosy around and see if you can find this.

To follow on from disturbedone, the setting he is talking about is "Development tracing". It is in the "system" tab in "trace options". Once this is ticked on, go to "Status" and you will see a lot of extra viewing selections. Choose "Voicemail Staus". This is a view only screen, it wont log a file, so you will need to be looking at it when you think the ports are being exceeded.It doesnt keep a record of how many times either.

run the monitor app, it will show PRN: messages stating there are no available vm channels when ipo wants to send a call to vm while all ports are busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back