Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

excecute remote exe activex with Administrator rights in W2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

franxdj

Programmer
Dec 19, 2002
IT
Hi,
I have created an application client/server in VB6, running in a LAN with W2k pc.
In my application the server is an EXE ACTIVEX and the client calls the server with the statement:

set mySvrObj = CreateObject("myServer.accessClass", "server_name")

When the client calls the server, the activex exe starts with the client rights. I.e. that the server application is launched by the client user, instead I need that the exe activex starts with Administrator rights (because I need to access to the file system to create and modify some files...)

How can I solve my problem?

Thanks for any help.
Francesco

If I understand what you are looking for, I think this might solve it. Create an ActiveX DLL that handles all of the stuff that you need administrator privileges for, and exposes any needed data in the form of return values for functions. Have your ActiveX Exe use the DLL for any such services. You may need to put the DLL in component services to get what you want.

HTH

Bob Rodes

Hi Bob,
thanks for your help.
I will try this way.

Maybe I can put my exe activex directly in the component services and it will works well?

Francesco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back