Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exam shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

limejudo

Technical User
Aug 4, 2004
US
Have any one heard of this ? I found it to be kinda strange for you to be able to pass an exam and not sit for the test. From what I understand you pay so much money and they/whoever takes the test for you. So much for the guys who spend months of studying getting jobs first...:)

Any ideas?

Eric - A+, Net+, INet+ CCNA next week.
Network Admin/Helpdesk II

limejudo,

With this these people are not even a "paper" MCSE or CCNA but a FRAUD - CISCO and the others DO NOT LET OTHER PEOPLE TAKE THE TEST FOR YOU !!!

It will catch up with the person - who do they think they are fooling!

20/20 had a show on about diploma mills and a lady who got fired years later when they found out that her PhD was for a 50 page paper she wrote and $7,500. She thought because she wrote a paper it was "real".

This is the same thing - I am sure Cisco and Microsoft are putting people through the system to find what test centers are being used - once they have a case who knows if they will get all records - but ..... wouldn't you feel stupid if your CCNA or CCNP was revoked and you were not allowed to sit for it again.

Like I said the lady on 20/20 was fired and she had been with the company many years - it did not matter - fraud was fraud!

Just my thoughts!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Yep!! It pisses me off to know that, you can get certs that way. What really erks me???? They offer CCIE, well they offer pretty stunt all the Cisco courses.

Hopefully, Cisco and Microsoft will crack down and pull certs from individuals.

I am completely shocked !!!!

Niltinho
BEng,CCNA,MCSA,CNA

limejudo,

If you notice they offer to take the CCIE written test for you for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ not the lab!

Just think ......hmmmm you pay them to take your CCIE written test and then by chance pass the lab on your own, then all the sudden Cisco buckles down and starts putting pictures and thumb prints on ALL certs! companies like this have their income cut :-( soooo sad!!

Oh but they have a list of CCIEs who THEY took the test for - I wonder how much it would then be worth to the CCIE for them not to tell Cisco? Who are you going to call the POLICE?

You are dealing with a guy in the Cayman Islands and the site is certified by a company in Singapore.

The "paper" cert will catch up with them and then the holder will be out a job, a cert and a ton of money!!!

I know for a fact many Cisco, Microsoft and CompTIA employees hang out in this and other forums - Cisco knows - it is just a matter of time. :) :)

Niltinho,

DO NOT be shocked - people are always looking for a shortcut - I had them in my classes - never do the work, cheat on tests and then they would wonder why they failed the CCNA 4 and 5 times and can not get a job.

I have always told them - you just can not show up to class for 3 hours every week and expect to be a network expert! It takes hard work !! Same here - you can buy a "testKing" and learn all the questions - pass the exam - but you are not going to fool anyone for long.

That is why I always ask my students - Do you plan to work in the field or just want a cert?

Just my thoughts!

E.A. Broda

i just wonder how they do that anyway as I've always had to identify myself with passport. Officially Cisco even asks for two identification forms. They probably know someone as a test center, however when Cisco or MS find out its no longer a test center.

CCNA, CCNP..partly ;)

MTandSAV,

All Cisco and Microsoft need to do is cross reference your mail address with where you took the cert exam. Good place to start looking for differences - Gee Mr. Jones you live in Atlanta but took your exam in Key West, Fl. You had 165 test centers closer to you? Hmmmmm ???

Or if they are using mail drops for your "home" address near the test centers they use - it could easily be tracked, at least in the USA and Canada.

And if Cisco and Microsoft are running their own people through the system they will understand how it works and where to start looking !!

Once a test center is identified - they could look at all records - I would not want to be holding a fake cert!!!

I do not think it can be very big - at least the test taking. If it is, I still think with digital technology we will see pictures and thumb print scanning used more.

Just my thoughts!

E.A. Broda

Yeah, I would love to see someone attempt to take the CCIE hands-on lab (and pass) with out the written exam. Trust me, you know a CCIE when you speak to one; even if they're not a very great CCIE. I'm just a CCNA (working on NP) so all those guys are Network gods to me!!!

If you want the certs fast, why not go to a boot camp?

I failed my CCNA the first time, spent time and money to get it right the second time. If you Cisco and Microsoft employees are reading this forum, lets revoke those paper certs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back