Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exam 560 Study Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohif

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2003
US
Hi. I am pretty new to Novell and I just found a voucher from school for 2 exams for $55(560 and 570)! A great deal! I want to use these and get some certs. It expires in October already. My question is for someone with little experience with Novell what is the best study guide or book or way to study to pass these tests? Thanks a ton for the help.

The official Novell Self Study Kits (aka White Books) or the student kits you receive when taking an official course are always the best resource for studying exams. Novell takes their questions directly from the course material so these books will have everything you need to know in them.

Please keep in mind that if you start to pursue certification for NetWare 5.1 that not only will your exam vouchers be expiring but so will the exams. If you are planning on obtaining CNE certification you will need to keep a very close eye on the CNE progress chart in order to know what exams you need to write. Even if you write all of the exams before they retire you will be required to write the NetWare 6 Upgrade exam on top of the other CNE exams.

I would not advise going for old certification based soley on having the exam vouchers available. It could end up costing you more in the long run. Keep in mind that NetWare 6.5 is to be released very shortly (if it hasn't been yet, I don't remember the date of hand).

Marie Perry
CNI/MCNE/MCSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back