Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exam 223

Status
Not open for further replies.

msameer

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2004
AU
Guys,
Has anyone taken this exam CTX-1223AI-Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0: Enterprise Edition Administration , I cant find any info on any of the forums for this exam.
If anyone out there can help with the books they used to study and any other study resources, I will be thankful

Rgds
cha

I realize it has been a long time since the original post, but has anyone taken this exam and have any pointers for us. Thanks

Hi there,

Yesterday I passed the test with 84%.
I know two thers who have passed it.

I used the original course manuals for studying.
When you take the update course (2 days) you get the full manuals for the "big course".

I did my CCA for XP and this one really was more difficult.
So now there are questions regarding CSG, Installation Manager and Ressource Manager.

But when you have quite good knowledge of MF XP and are familar with new features like:
-Licensing
-Access Suite Console
- Reporting

you should pass without problems.

/egr

anyone else with any links to braindumps etc that may be of some more use, as these links that EGR posted seems to be for ... well, others.

thanks!

I am considering this test myself. Is any books on PS 4.0 released? Can´t find anything on amazon.com for instance. Or am I just a bad searcher?

I have taken this exam and passed easily with an 89. Looking at the outline on the Citrix site you can see that the required knowledge is fairly broad across a number of products, but I didn't find the exam extremely difficult.

Shortly I will release my study notes on my website and I think that will help a lot of people. I'll post back when its ready.

The original Citrix Guru...

Hi,

Does taking the 223 or 222 qualify you as a CCA?

Im doing the 5 day 1223 course in january and am being offered the exam and thought I would became a CCA by passing the 223.

Almost.

You also need to take and pass one of the following e-learning courses online:

1. CTX-1300BW Citrix MetaFrame Secure Access Manager 2.2: Introduction

2. CTX-1320BW Citrix MetaFrame Password Manager 2.5: Introduction

The original Citrix Guru...

Actually I think you have to take both of those elearning courses. I did and passed them quite easily. They are basically a memory test where as they will give you the answer in a paragraph and then at the end of the "unit" your quizzed. If you can run notepad, just copy and paste it for backup.

The test however is nothing to the degree of simplicity as these elearning courses. I read the course manual quite a few times and got my hands on a vm program to install the presentation server console and other utils. Did that help? sorta. There are questions like if you were to right click on the farm name and were trying to rezone where would you need to go to do that.....specific usage questions. NOT covered in the course text. Things like where is the Data collector set? under which tabs do you need to go to get there...etc etc...not exactly that but like I'm saying...its SPECIFIC.

I passed....barely. Now using it at my job, its the same old.

good luck.

I know you also need to take an elearning course to make you a CCA. But does anyone know if you dont pass the elearning part you have to purchase it again to take the exam again? I thought the elearning was available all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back