Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Everyone group

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaure

MIS
Aug 17, 2001
CA
I need one of our user to have an access to only one directory on the server. I removed him to all the groups but he can still access shared folders on the network. I am suspecting that the account is automatically added to "Everyone" group which I cannot find where it is on Active Directory Users and Computers.

Can somebody please help me where I should remove a specific account from "Everyone" group and where can I find the "Everyone" group

you can't remove an account from Everyone. The best you'll do is remove the Everyone group from your share permissions and replace it with something more specific.

You can also create another group and add that user to it. Then you can deny access to that group on all the shares that you do not want to that person to access. The deny permissions will override the allow permissions that the everyone group is granting.

Thanks for the answers. I did brontosaurus' suggestion to accomodate a future user that needs only specific rights to a folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back