Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Every key displays "no line selected"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlyon

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2006
I was moving a line and I accidentally removed the crossover wire for the wrong phone (ext 226). That person was on a call. I put it back, but since then, no matter what key you press on that users phone you get "no line selected" on the display. I looked at the configuration and everything seems to be in order. They still recieve calls fine (inside and outside), but can't do anything with the phone. It's as if all of the buttons no longer work. Even the release button displays "no line selected" if you press it!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Very carefully press all the buttons on the phone and make sure none are stuck. It sounds as if a key is stuck down and engaging a feature it should not be.

Either that or he's on the wrong station port and/or the set has no prime line defined.

Phonehed in Dallas

Definitely not a stuck button. I tried a different set in that location.

The Prime line on all phones is set to "None

Given the symptoms it definitely sounds like a stuck button. If you press the Release key and it says "no line selected" that is a common symptom. But since you tried a different phone with the same problem, I would double check my cross-connect then go in and disable and enable the port to see if the problem clears.

Strange, but I tried a third phone and the problem went away. Go figure!

Thanks for the help!

Check the original phone for a stuck button.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Further investigation reveals that the user cleaned the phone with, maybe, a little too much alcohol...

Oh Yeah, the problem could be that someone had the bright notion that liquids and circuit boards have a great working relationship.

Have you verified what is programmed on each button? Hit Feature *0 and hit each button...what is programmed?

ajNtek
[ponytails]

If prime line is set to none, there's your problem!

Phonehed in Dallas

Not when you press Release and it says "no line selected". According to my understanding of the problem it does not matter what buttons are pressed it says "no line selected".

Then it may well be a bad phone. I think I'd try another set and see what happens if prime line is set to intercom.

Phonehed in Dallas

Just to reiterate, it was a bad phone. Thank you all for your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back