Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Every file I download is "corrupted"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundraswan

Technical User
Aug 23, 2002
GB
Product Model : A8N-SLI Deluxe
Motherboard BIOS Revision : 1014
CPU Vendor : AMD
CPU Type : 939
CPU Speed : 3700+
Memory Vendor : Corsair
Memory Model : DDR Value
Memory Capacity : 1024
HDD Vendor : Maxtor
HDD Model : Maxline III SATA1.5
HDD Capacity : 250gb
Add-on Card Vendor : Creative
Add-on Card Type : Audio
Add-on Card Model : Audigy 2 ZS

OS: Windows XP SP2 with all the latest critical updates

All downloaded files are corrupted. When I execute the file it will says "the file is corrupted", "XXX file is missing, redownload setup file". This is the case for a variety of different installers for different applications. Note, I get this error 9 out of 10 times. This is not just limited to installers, seems that all types of file are being corrupted. It doesn't matter if I download the file using Firefox or IE.

Also, if I try to use Bittorrent, I can see numerous hash fails reported in the console. Emule also reports corrupted data.

I have run CHKDSK /f and it reported no errors and no bad sectors were reported.

I tried using the Maxtor PowerMax diagnostic utility and it said the drive is fine.

When I tried using Azureus, I seemed to get BAD_POOL_CALL and BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD errors, this doesn't happen with the utorrent bittorrent client.

I'm trying the 5 stage CHKDSK right now.

Strange thing is that Windows loads fine, loads in about 5 secs after POST.

Are there any other diagnostic tools I can use? Do you need any more information to be able to help me?

If they're large files and you're using dial-up, then the long d/l time may be causing the sorruption.
See if the d/l is more successful during off peak hours between 12 mid-6 am.

Files of any size are being corrupted, I have ADSL 1mb.

Did you check for viruses and spyware?

Problem solved, my onboard Nvidia LAN was corrupting incoming packets, I'm using the other Marvell onboard LAN now and everything's fine.

Glad to hear that you solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back