Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eventserver priority settings....

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrs1008

Programmer
Sep 16, 2003
US
Hi,

We are using Mercator6.5

We have 1 eventserver installation. It has a multiple .msl and each .msl contain multiple watches.

If I want to give highest priority to one of the watch within msl such that whenever a file appears to the source directory, that .msl should kick of that map immidiately.

We get huge quantity of 835 during weekend and it will not get processed immidiately if something else is running. Sometime it was not picked up and processed at all till Monday morning because of other huge data processing.

Can we do some settings such that 835 watch gets the highest priority and kicks off as soon as it sees the file in the source directory????

I tried priority settings in IFD, but it is for the maps who shares the resources between them. Any other way???

Regards,
Vibhav1008

Have you looked at the priority settings of the other events?

Is everything single threading regarless of the system?

Are you parallel processing?

What platform?

CPUs?

Have you check the mercator.ini

I've seen this before in 6.5, the only way round it is to either install separate Event Servers or to upgrade to 6.7.1 or higher.

Cheers,
Olly.

Don't think you can install separate Eventservers on the same windows machine in 6.5.n or 6.7.n. though, I believe Unix is another story.

Evetry,

I am using Mercator 6.5 on AIX box.

Priority settings for all the watch is set to Normal. Few of them are single threaded and few of them are multi threaded.

Yes, we are parallel processing multiple transactions.

I have checked the mercator.ini for the settings. I could not figure out anything that helps me to prioritize any particular watch within one launcher.

Regards,
Vibhav1008

for mercaotr.ini I was thinking along the lines of multithread settings lime maxthread, InitPending,....

I tested a system file with multiple watches and varying priority settings against a grinder script. seems like it worked but it might have been a fluke.

set prioties on all events at dif levels, set max concurrent on the highest priority to 6 left all others at 2 and played with pending instance thresh. all events we listening for http activity. http was from the same IP with dif doc names. each event simple respnded with a dummy value when it triggered.

I'm windows though so it is prob diff in AIX

There is eventsever setting where the number of max threads for each process can be specified. This would help eliminate a prod situation where all the 12 or 16 threads are hogged by one mercator map. You can try that in combination with assigning max threads within the IFD for the maps that take away resources from priority map

>There is eventsever setting where the number of max threads for each process can be specified.

I don't think this setting exists in 6.5 - it was new in 6.7

;use the following to set the max threads per watch.
WatchMaxThreads=0

This is available at 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back