Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Events firing only after signing out

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0dE

Vendor
May 8, 2009
CA
Hello everyone,

This forum has been so much help for me. I really appreciate everyone for help.

Here's my problem:
I assigned happy hour promo in events.
However, even the time passes the assigned time, the price chance would not occur.
Then later, I realized that the price chance would only apply after the employee signs out and signs back in.
Has anyone else had problem like this?

Thank you,

The problem I described may not be entirely correct.
I realized that now my FOH doesn't even fire events after re-logging in.

Does aloha automatically "catch up" with skipped events? Say if the both FOH and BOH were both shut down for a period of time when a certain events were suppose to be fired, and the system is back on, does BOH fire events that it has skipped?

Thank you all you aloha gurus

They should as long as the terminal is not in redundancy (Stand alone).

For example, if I create an event and the time is past for the event to fire, if I do a refresh, the event is then running on the terminals.

MegabyteCoffee.com

Remember that Events do not fire if the time/date is off on the server and/or pos terminals.

Also, look at your events to make sure another event is not superseding it. Event hierarchy in Aloha is as follows:
Default (no event)
Special Event (one time)
Monthly
Weekly
Daily

Events can be tricky as Aloha Manager does not advise if you have made a mistake in setting one up.

Good luck.

If you are still having issues you can contact me at bill.bradley@askbillbradley.com

Thank you for your help Bill and MegabyteCoffee
Yesterday, again, the event didn't fire.
I am going to check on the dates of the both machines as soon as I get the chance.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back