Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

event's 8032 and 8021

Status
Not open for further replies.

kameleon80

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2003
US
Events 8032 and 8021 keep showing up in my event log every 2 hours both at the same time. This is what event error 8032 says: The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{79CD35CA-F295-4C8A-BE3B-6E9D6E1EF81C}. The backup browser is stopping.

And warning 8021 is: The browser was unable to retrieve a list of servers from the browser master \\(net bios computer name) on the network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{79CD35CA-F295-4C8A-BE3B-6E9D6E1EF81C}. The data is the error code.

The source is Browser.

This only shows up on my 2nd DC under the system applet of event viewer. All bindings on network card check out ok in the Properties of Local Network. Everything is checkmarked on both DCs.

Thank you for the response and help. I'll try this out when I get a chance and let you know it goes.

Thank you again,
Kameleon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back