Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event Viewer questions/ connecting to mailbox 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotDoneSam

Technical User
Sep 11, 2003
US
I have a quick question. Once upon a time I remembered seeing in the event viewer that when a person connected to a mailbox other than their own(even when they had permission) that a message was generated similar to "user1 connected to mailbox user2 and is not the owner". I was wondering if anyone knew the event ID for that message and how to turn it on in security settings? Thanks for your help. This is in exchange.

Event ID: 1016, Source: MSExchangeISPrivate, Category: Logons.

Sorry, I can't remember off the top of my head how to enable the logging for them and I don't have access to the Exchange Server right now.

Cheers.

It's on by default - in fact you'll have a job finding where to turn it off.

And, users of outlook 2002 and above will generate the message every time they resolve email addresses! This makes the event useless fo security logging.

D

Is there any similar type of Event id 1016 in exchange 2000 and 2003? I found this Event it generated in Exchange 5.5 but not on my 2003 or 2000 exchange servers? Any help would be appreciated in identifying connections to others mailboxes in 2000 and 2003. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back