Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event Viewer in Win2k Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

GranSalseron

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2003
US
I am getting an annoying error message on boot up. In Event Viewer the following has a red X:

Service Control Manager
The following boot-start or system-start drivers failed to load: PSeries Event ID 7026

I can find no references to the Service Control Manager or to PSeries in the help file.

Advice would be most welcome! :)

this is the explaination given by MS Technet for the event ID ... hope it helps.
Event Details
Event ID: 7026
Source: Service Control Manager
Component: System Event Log
Symbolic Name: EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVERS_FAILED
Message: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: %1

Explanation
The drivers in the list failed to start.

User Action
Ask the person with administrative rights on your computer to verify that the drivers in the list are not critical to your system's operation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently there are no Microsoft Knowledge Base articles available for this specific error or event message. For information about other support options you can use to find answers online, see

Did you install any new hardware lately? A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

"I just know that I know nothing"
Socrates (469-399 B.C.E.)

I removed and uninstalled the software for a wireless nic. Just after I did that is when I started getting the error message.

well seems like the software did not remove all the information, as usual.
Try under services, to see if there is any service of that software trying to run, and stop it.
Also
Check with regedit under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
to see if there is any file related to that software and remove it. Be careful , do not delete something else.
A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

"I just know that I know nothing"
Socrates (469-399 B.C.E.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back