Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event Viewer has stopped logging events 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdPhreze

Programmer
Apr 15, 2002
Hi, and thanks for any input...

I have a Win2k Adv Server that is running Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, and Routing and Remote Access.

Anyway, recently I started having a LOT of events in my event viewer. It looked as though someone was trying to do stuff they shouldn't have. I therefore disabled All the IIS applications (FTP Server, Web Server, etc.). That Helped, but didn't entirely fix matters. The event viewer was still filling up with odd problems. But that's not what I'm trying to fix right now.

My Problem Is: The last time I cleared the events was about 1 month ago. Since then, I cannot see ANY events logged. I have rebooted several times, which always created several events. The events are still being created (I still receive messages that my event log is full), I simply cannot see ANY of them, old or new. The Event Viewer will not display them. Any suggestions on how to correct that?

Note: The "Event Log" service is loaded and running.

Thanks a lot,
KyferEz

Check out my DeVry Senior Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back