Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event Manager Install on 2008 R2 Server & Anonymous Authentication of ExactEM Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonsoot

Technical User
Jun 13, 2012
US
If anyone is familiar with installing EEM recently on a 2008 R2 server, we are running into issues. I have gone back and forth with Exact, and though helpful, they may be flying a little over my head (and right now they are closed since it is past 5pm).

Big picture, we are currently running Macola ES on a SQL box named TSSQL. We have a new SQL box TS-SQL2 installed because we are moving Macola ES over, and then installing eSynergy as well. I am attempting to install EM on this new TS-SQL2 box and have ran into a few small hurdles.

The last corrective action I was given was to go into the IIS Manager and disable Anonymous Authentication for the ExactEM site.

Now, I am not a super big IT guy, but the ExactEM site is not listed, only the default "aspnet_client" is listed. I would assume this would be something installed during set up...

But if I have to create it manually, what should the setting be?

All I get now with EM is a shortcut on the desktop that open an Internet Explorer page with the attached error code.

Sounds like you are using the newer Event Manager developed by Exact. It looks like it has a lot of potential, but we are waiting until it matures a little more before adopting it. I hope you are able to resolve your issue.

Can't see your attachments, but FYI, when I installed the newest version of EM I had authentication problems as well. I discussed it with support at Engage it turns out there's an issue with authenticating against active directory and as a workaround we had to create a local userid on the IIS server and authenticate against it. That seemed to work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back