Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event Log Error 5007 - MSExchangeSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlp69

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2003
GB
In th event log on my Exchange server I keep geeting the error :-

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSA
Event Category: General
Event ID: 5007
Date: 4/1/2004
Time: 2:18:41 PM
User: N/A
Computer: PRWIN2K2
Description:
An error occurred during the message tracking decode operation. Function:ScSaveGatewayTrackingDataEx . <<0xc0070005 - Access is denied.>>

We have recently had to change the Domain Administrators Passwords.

Can anybody help

Carlp69

The disk where the message tracking logs are stored is either out of space, or the permissions on the directory or share are not correct. The share should be SERVERNAME.log. The "exchange enterprise servers" group, which contains each of the "Exchange domain servers" groups, which in turn contain all the machine accounts for the exchange servers in the domain, should have access to the share and directory.

I have the same problem, except I get this message when trying to install exchange! Anyone have any ideas?

I have checked the permissions as per xmsre's suggestion.
Still getting the same errors.

any more ideas?

1. Make sure the machine account of your exchange server is a member of "Exchange domain servers". You may want to remove it and add it back.

2. Make sure there is space available on the drive hosting the share.

3. Check the share permessions as well as file and folder permissions.

4. Make sure another application [AV or OFA] is not putting a lock on the files.

I also get the following error at the same time :-

An error occurred during the message tracking decode operation. error from file: i:\admin\src\libs\rpc\rwlog.cxx line: 576. <<0xc0070005 - Access is denied.>>

But cannot find i:\admin\src......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back