Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID's 7026 and 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacerGirl117

Technical User
Sep 25, 2002
US
I have an auxiliary computer in my area that is running Windows NT Server 4.0. Whenever it boots, I get the following messages (the descriptions are from the Event Viewer):
1st message information
Date: 9/29/03
Event ID: 0
Time: 4:347:36PM
Source: NALNTSERVICE
User: n/a
Type: Information
Computer: BUFF_045
Category: None
Description:
The description for Event ID (0) in Source (NALNTSERVICE) could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s):
NALNTSERVICE, Service installed
C:\WINNT\System32\NALNTSRV.EXE

2nd message information
Date: 9/29/03
Event ID: 7026
Time: 4:35:53PM
Source: Service Control Manager
User: n/a
Type: Error
Computer: BUFF_045
Category: None
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
aic78xx

Any idea what either of these are and how I can go about rectifying them? My supervisor suggested I just put the hard-drive in another NT machine, but I'd really like to figure out what the deal is with this.

Thanks in advance,
Jessica Morgan
Hiscock & Barclay, LLP

NALNTSERVICE is to do with the networking components.
AIC78xx is a SCSI driver.
Check the SCSI devices in Control Panel for any detail.
Also look at installing a newer driver for the AIC78xx

UKNavajo
"If the evil spirit arms the tiger with claws, Brahmann provides the wings of the dove. Thus spake the super guru"

I figured that's what the 1st message was. I'd like to be able to fix it, if possible. If anyone can help me with this, I would appreciate it.

Wow...I didn't realize you couldn't just go into Device Manager with NT like you can a regular Windows OS. Learn something new every day. Anyway, there don't appear to be any conflicts with the SCSI device but I will look into updating that driver.

Thanks,
Jessica Morgan
Hiscock & Barclay, LLP

NALNTService is the Novell Application Launcher for NT, which is client software for ZenWorks, which (usually) runs on a Novell NetWare server. ZenWorks is used to push out security policy and/or applications to client workstations, it's Novell's equivalent of Group Policy. In any case it doesn't seem to be working, so you can either uninstall the Novell Client if you're not connecting to any NetWare boxes, or set the NALNT service to disabled in Control Panel/Services.

HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back