Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 9318

Status
Not open for further replies.

bankcraft

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2002
US
I am receiving the error message "An RPC communications error has occurred. Unable to bind over RPC..." This is in the event log with an event ID 9318.

I just completed a rebuild of the only Exchange 5.5 server in our organization. The process I took was to move all connectors, mailboxes, etc. onto a temporary Exchange 5.5 server, go through the steps of removing the original Exchange server, rebuild the original server, then move all the connectors, mailboxes, etc. back onto the original server from the temporary server. Again, I followed the procedures to remove the temporary server from the site. This error message came up once I had downed the temporary server.

All of the Microsoft technet articles I've found talk about making sure the communication between Exchange servers is functioning. In my case I no longer have a 2nd Exchange server. But my rebuilt Exchange server apparently thinks there is.

I'm running Exchange 5.5, SP4, on NT4.0, SP6a.

Any thoughts?

Have a look at articles Q280449 and Q261251. One of them should help :) If someone annoys you, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you'll be a mile away from them, and you'll have their shoes :eek:)

bankcraft

After you moved everything back to your original server and downed the temporary server, did you remove the server from Exchange Administrator? If you didn't then it is still trying to replicate traffice across the "two" exchange servers. I've gotten this as well after a move to a new server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back