Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 7003 at boot-up 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dechnoz

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2001
US
One of my NT 4.0 SP 6a workstation users gets an error message at bootup stating that "One or more Services has failed to start". The event viewer has the following info.
Event ID: 7003
Source: Service Control Manager
"The Computer Browser service depends on the following nonexistent service: LanmanServer
I do not have the LanmanServer service listed in the available services to install. The TechNet articles are kind of sketchy on this. Other than the error message, there does not seem to be any problem with the workstation. Does anyone have a clue how I can stop this message?
Thanks for your help

LanManServer is listed in the "Services" applet in control panel as "Server". Look in the properties of Network Neighborhood, under "Services" to make sure you have the server service installed.

This error usually comes up because of the failure of another service or device - normally the network card. Is this workstation communicating on the network OK?

Hope this helps... :cool: - Bill

"You can get anything you want out of life, if you'll just help enough other people get what they want" - Zig Ziglar

Well, the Server service was installed on the workstation, and I had already re-installed SP6a. So I took the server service out and re-installed it and then re-installed SP6a, and that solved the problem. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back