Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 5783

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelu

MIS
Oct 15, 2002
US
I've got a Win2k server in our NT 4 domain that is recording the following error.
Event ID: 5783
Source: NETLOGON
Type: Error
Description:
The session setup to the Windows NT or Windows 2000 domain controller \\servername for the domain (domainname)is not responsive. The current RPC call from Netlogon on \\servername to \\domaincontroller has been cancelled.

I've looked at technet for the error without any avail.

look at this

The session setup to the Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller <server name 2> for the domain <domain name 2> is not responsive. The current RPC call from Netlogon on <server name 1> to <server name 2> has been cancelled.
Comments Lewis Shelton: Microsoft says to uninstall and reinstall all networking components. This is because the MS network client is the one that is making the RPC call, and if that is corrupted then communication with the rest of the network will fail. You should also remove and reinstall your protocols as well. Make sure that you have a good backup of your registry. When you uninstall all the network components your shares go away, and you will have to restore the registry to get them back. Microsoft neglected to tell me this. I believe that our problems started with a bad LAN card.

Michael Papalabrou: The machine could not log on to the domain using the computer account. The domain controller is UP but the RPC and netlogon services are down for some reason. Your problem is on the closest or the authenticating DC, check for service failures.

Liam Waters: I received this error when trying to create and verify a trust between two domains. The verify would fail and I would get this event id. The solution is to use the full domain name when entering in a user in the opposite domain i.e. LDW.ie\Administrator instead of LDW\Administrator. The verification works and the event id disappears.

Tarun Nischal: I found a solution to this problem after a long fight for approximately 1 and a half month. I had four Microsoft Windows 2000 Terminal Servers and all of the sudden we found that the system started performing very slow and abnormal while trying to access any network resource. We had the following characterstics of the problem:

1. The system was getting slower
2. The Terminal Server Manager would show only the current server information
3. Net Use command would hang
4. The login and logoff process got slower and slower
5. No domain users would get authenticated
6. Event ID: 5783, Source: NETLOGON event logged in System event log

The problem resolved by installing Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 and the systems did not experience anymore netlogon problem.

Hie_friends: This appears to be an error which occurs when there is some network error and the server is not able to access the domain controller.

Michel: When you have a Trust between two Windows 2000 Domains and one of the domains is unreachable, for example, via VPN. You get the 5783 error. If you have the situation as described above, the only thing you have to do is, activate the connection between both domains. It happens because a computer in one network is trying to logon to a resource in another network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back