Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 5722 - Can't get them to go away 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJarman

MIS
Oct 31, 2003
US
[pc3] Event ID 5722
The session setup from the computer [name] failed to authenticate. The name of the account referenced in the security database is [name$]. The following error occurred: Access is denied.

[ponder] Every couple of weeks I battle Event ID 5722 on several PCs on our PDC.

The odd thing is that the error pops up for various PCs at differing times. When I fix the 5-10 that are there today, the problem seems to be solved for a week or so. Then, another 5-10 start giving offer Event ID 5722 errors. I fix those and all is well for a week or two. Then, the cycle starts again.

[dazed] I have tried every deleting the machine's acct in AD, then re-adding. I have tried deleting the PC in AD; sitting in front of the box and removing it from the domain; then having it rejoin the domain.

In the end, neither reported fix has made the errors go away permanently. If anyone knows a once-and-for-all fix, PLEASE let us know here on the forums. THANKS!
CharlieJ
jesus-freak.jpg

Spool,
THANKS for the assistance, but the problem is with client to server authentication, not server to server authentication. If you have any other ideas, please let me know.
CharlieJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back