Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 537 flooding event log

Status
Not open for further replies.

lachesis09

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
GB
Hi

Really desparate for help here in tracking down the problem. I've recently added a new WSUS Server and new DC, and across the domain controllers am getting the following message in the security log under a 'failure audit':

Event Type: Failure Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Logon/Logoff
Event ID: 537
Date: 15/07/2008
Time: 09:56:00
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: xxxx
Description:
Logon Failure:
Reason: An error occurred during logon
User Name:
Domain:
Logon Type: 3
Logon Process: Kerberos
Authentication Package: Kerberos
Workstation Name: -
Status code: 0xC000006D
Substatus code: 0xC0000133
Caller User Name: -
Caller Domain: -
Caller Logon ID: -
Caller Process ID: -
Transited Services: -
Source Network Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Source Port: 0

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

Now, I'm stuck on where to go - the ip address keeps changing to different clients on the network in each message. WSUS reports that all updates are successful to the groups I've allocated them to, and I can't really think of whats causing this, I've also moved over roles to the new DC including PDC Emu, RID, Infrastructure manager, WINS and DNS.

Can anyone offer any insight here on where to check/what to do to track this down?

Also, have since noticed in the System log, I get the following message as well, although I'm unsure if they are related:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: SAM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 12294
Date: 15/07/2008
Time: 09:54:38
User: XXXXXXX\DOMAIN ADMIN
Computer: DC1
Description:
The SAM database was unable to lockout the account of DOMAIN ADMIN due to a resource error, such as a hard disk write failure (the specific error code is in the error data) . Accounts are locked after a certain number of bad passwords are provided so please consider resetting the password of the account mentioned above.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Data:
0000: a5 02 00 c0 ¥..À

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back