Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID:4000 - Exchange 2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint73

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2003
GB
Please help I am receiving warning that mail in not being delivered and is waiting to try and reconnect. The problem is it never gets sent and NDR are returned to the users. This is not happening to all email as some external is getting through. I have installed the latest service packs for both exchange 2000 and win2k, but still the same problem, does anyone have any words of wised, I have attached the event log messages.

Source: MSExchange Transport
Catergory: Connection manager
Type: Warning
Event ID: 4000

Description:
Message delivery to the remote domain 'aaa.aaa.com' failed for the following reason: The connection was dropped bt the remote host.

It's not on your end. The receiving server is dropping your connection.

One likely reason is that they are using an antispam product such as a DNS Realtime Blackhole List (RBL) and your server is on the list. There are a number of reasons you could be on the list - for example, your server may be misconfigured and be an open relay, or the entire IP address range of your ISP may be on the list because your ISP has been deemed "spammer friendly" by hosting too many spammers. You may even be being blocked if you have an IP address for some DSL lines - Road Runner is doing this right now.

The smartest thing to do is to contact the network admin of the domain that is blocking you and see what kind of antispam technology they're using and try to back trace the problem from there.

Gary McDonnell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back