Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 2803 SQL 2005 SP2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

porkchopexpress

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2005
GB
Hi all

Since i restarted our SQL server yesterday i've been receiving an information event in the application log every couple of minutes, this has been logged repeatedly all night and another restart hasn't sorted it.

Code:
Source: MSSQL$PMP
Event ID: 2803

SQL Server has encountered 8 occurrence(s) of cachestore flush for the 'SQL Plans' cachestore (part of plan cache) due to some database maintenance or reconfigure operations.

this is usually followed by a message saying 'Starting up database 'PrintManager'.'.

SQL 2005 Express SP2 running on 2003 Server SP2.

Thanks.

Can anyone make a suggestion?

Restart the server in safe mode and let it boot completely up. Then check your event logs. The error should have stopped, reboot and start normally.

I had the same problem and did it out of desperation, when I lost power, I was offered the startup options and took safe just to check things out. After finding nothing wrong in Safe Mode, I rebooted normally and everything worked. I am assuming some Windows OS process involving SQL was causing problems, but I could not identify anything in the event logs as the cause.

Glad you are back up and running!

John T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back