Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID: 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

khump

MIS
Sep 9, 2002
US
I have a NT Server 4.0 SP6a using HP printers. There's plenty of diskspace in the spool directory. The printers all have about 80mb memory and some have their own hard drive. All printers have static IPs connected via LPR. My problem is that eventhough I have NT setup to spool and print immediately it doesn't. It spools the entire document first and then prints. Normally this isn't a problem but when we have 2K pages it becomes a HUGE problem. It takes 2.5hrs to spool a document of this size and right when it should send the job to the printer it stops w/ an error Printer Busy....or Printer Error. The event log rpts id 2004. I believe the problem is b/c the file is so huge n its not printing at the same time its spooling the job is too large for the printer but I can't figure out how to fix it. HP has been of no help. If anyone has any advice/suggestions please let me know and thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have had similar issues with printing, and found the following Microsoft article of great help :

Q179156

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back