Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 1657, 1466, 1409 and 1373

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzarth

Technical User
Oct 29, 2003
Hi

The following events are appearing in the Event Viewer every 1/2 hour or so.

Event ID 1657 Source NTDS Inter-site

The Inter-Site Messaging Service requested an ADSI Get Object function for namespace object IIS://LocalHost/SMTPSVC/1/Domain. The operation failed with the following message:

Library not registered.

Please check that the service providing that portion of the namespace is installed and running. For example, if the namespace is 'IIS:', please verify that the IIS service is running. It is possible that the DLL component providing that portion of the ADSI namespace is missing or corrupt. If the problem persists, you may want to reinstall the Windows component containing that service.

Event ID 1466 Source NTDS Inter-site

The Inter-Site Messaging Service SMTP Transport plug-in failed to add the following SMTP routing domain: e67b0fd1-8f15-4694-99fa-76f52544c2c9._msdcs.*domain name*. This domain is needed by the SMTP service in order to accept incoming mail using this name. Other replication partners will receive errors when sending mail to this name until the problem is corrected.
Please verify that the SMTP service is installed and functioning correctly; also verify that ADSI is installed and working on this system.
As a workaround, you may try to add the domain manually using the SMTP Service Manager.
The error message is as follows:
Library not registered.

Event ID 1409 Source NTDS Inter-site

The Inter-Site Messaging Service SMTP Transport plug-in could not send a message because no mail transport is installed. Please install a mail transport, such as the SMTP Service. The operation will be retried.

Event ID 1373 Source NTDS Inter-site

The query for messages for service NTDS Replication via transport CN=SMTP,CN=Inter-Site Transports,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=*name*,DC=*name*,DC=com failed with the following status:

Library not registered.

Items with * have been amended to protect the company ;)

I have 2 DCs and this Server is the Global Catalog. I cannot get into Active Directory Users & Computers or AD Sites and Services or AD Domains and Trusts.

If I go into these I get a "Naming information cannot be located because: Library not registered"

I have looked at newsgroups posts, Event ID, who suggested to reinstall IIS, which I did but no success.

The SMTP and IIS services seem to be working/running okay.

Any suggestions?

Nzarth

MCSA/MCSE (W2K), CCA

Working on CCNA

Found a fix so if anyone else gets it, here is a solution:

Found the fix :D

I had to add the following registry keys:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{97­d25db0-0363-11cf-abc4-
02608c9e7553}]
02608c9e7553}\1.0]
@="Active DS Type Library"
02608c9e7553}\1.0\0]
02608c9e7553}\1.0\0\win32]
@="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\acti­veds.tlb"
02608c9e7553}\1.0\FLAGS]
@="0"
02608c9e7553}\1.0\HELPDIR]
@="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32"

Nzarth

MCSA/MCSE (W2K), CCA

Working on CCNA

Nzarth, I'm getting the same error on a W2k Server. Did you find a MS TID for this? If not, where did you find this information?

I found the fix on dejanews.com (now googlegroups). Cannot remember the exact link, but do a search on the Event IDs.

Sorry I cant be more helpful....

Nzarth

MCSA/MCSE (W2K), CCA

Working on CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back