Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event hanfling using MFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvcloud

Programmer
Apr 23, 2002
MY
can anyone tell me whether this paragraph is correct? if not, could u all pls modify it?

-There is no event handling methods in C++ is applications developed are mostly console-based. In order to create Windows applications, MFC (Microsoft Foundation Library) in Visual C++ is employed. Event handling is done through callback methods. Event handlers or also known as messages are routed through the message map of the application. -

i'm new in C++, and as such i'm not sure if what i wrote is accurate. Pls do correct me if i'm wrong. thanks

In order to create Windows applications, MFC (Microsoft Foundation Library) in Visual C++ is employed

i think this is wrong. you can handle the events without the MFC. mfc is just wrapper class library that makes life easier but there is nothing that you can only do with mfc
[pc3]

can u explain how events are handled without MFC? is it through function pointers?

MFC is used to create Windows applications rite? is it possible to create Windows app without using MFC?

first of all, when you create a window in your application, you also pass a callback function adress to windows os.
whenever some events happens that callback function is called.
you make a big switch case block to deal with every events.
it takes a little bit longer time but not impossible. if you want i can send u a very simple applicaton that handles the events without mfc but there is a lot in internet you can also search for it. or look at callback functions in msdn
[pc3]
Read between the lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back