Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event forwarding problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranavsingh

Programmer
Apr 19, 2002
IN
Hi All,
I have an Openview collection station and a management station.
I want to forward an event (say OV_Application_Down) from the collection station to the management station.

On the Collection Station, I have added the IP address of the management station in the event forward dialog for the event.
When the event is generated, I can see the event in the collection station alarm window but I do not see it in the management station window.

Do I have to configure the management station as well for this and if yes how?

Thanks,
Pranav

Go into you event configuration Dialog box, find the Enterprise name (OpenView) then in the Events box find the trap "Ov_Aplication_Down". Double click the trap and on the Event message tab point the alert to the applicable category or alarm window.

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried that too. Configuring the MS for this event as alarm shows all the local application down alarms but still no CS alarm is shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back