Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

event alarm code 820 Line Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

comguy19

Technical User
Sep 28, 2010
US
Back in '05' Silverlake I believe it was asked about getting an event code 820. I'm getting that same code on the same scenario he wrothe about . On 6.0 T-1 . Not PRI. It mentions about a line driver? Does anyone have any Idea as to what this pertains to? And would it cause drop calls. Not much to the system. T-1 card, Combo expansion card, Station mod, Rad, ATA. Could this be a provider issue. Any how any information would be appreciated. Thank you ahead to my Tech Tips gurus.

Also want to ask if those tech's that had this issue and posted a tread on it here , did any of you find a solution?. Did the T-1 card be a cause. I wouldn't think so but needed to be asked. Thank you

820: Inv_St_Trans
820: | CAUSE:
820: | This logevent indicates that an event has been received
820: | by the trunk driver software, which controls the trunk
820: | hardware, which it does not understand.
820: | ENVIRONMENT:
820: | This logevent was introduce in the MNA DR4 product to
820: | work with the E&M Trunk cartridge.
820: | HUMAN ACTION:
[highlight #FCE94F]820: | None.[/highlight]

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks curlycord. so needless to say that's not what's causing the drop calls. Customer was getting a Alarm 63 multiple times prior (Receivers)but for some reason. Oddly, when on site I was hearing a ticking noise coming from the trunk Module connected to the combo card on port 8 on the 7.0 MICS.I removed the fiber connect to it and disabled the port, assigned the alarm notification to the RAD so that I could monitor the alarms myself remotely. I ask the customer to notify me when they experienced drop calls again thinking that the 63 was the reason for the drops but when notified and monitoring remotely , no longer was the system getting the 63? Odd that the Module might have been causing the 63? Anyhow the only other code I am getting is the 820. So at this point I deal with the carrier to bounce their card for me and see how it goes then. Maybe bad combo card? we'll see.
Again thanks for your interest and response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back