Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event 993-08

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodneyMcSnow

Technical User
Jun 29, 2007
US
Anyone know what you've done code 993 - 08 represents
Norstar keeps dropping calls and resetting sysyemwide.

sure its 993..cant find in my docs any mention of 993.
Resets are usually power/power supply problems or T1 counters are maxed and system will reboot

Pretty much retired from telecom and now grow and sell perennials from April-November and Ski from Nov-April

Alarm 993 = A call to the Integrated RAD was dropped. This may be due to a noisy line between the KSU and the remote site.

Error code 8 = NCTimeout : No Carrier Timeout: The modem has not established a connection with the far end within the time specified by the client.

I'd say look to see that the IRAD is not configured to answer an outside call.

Brian Cox
Oregon Phone

The question is this:
The customer is having problems when a telephone and a c.o. line are in use and a second call rings the phones. When the second call presents itself and rings all phones the system disconnects all co.o lines in use and the digital telephones (T7208) go idle and show the time and date.

I have verified that the internal Fastrad is set to answer NONE lines. There is no Voicemail or AA either.

This is a CICS on 6.0 software. There is 1-LS/DS card with 4-loop lines and 4-T7208 telephones.
The electrical outlet is dedicated and a ups is installed.

In addition the customers dsl modem is also connected to the same ups and the Internet never goes down or presents any problems.

I have been unable to reproduce the scenario as I was on-site lat Friday for 3-hours and we put alot of stress on the system for 2-hours by doing nothing but calling the main number and putting calls on hold. Transferring calls to different phones, using handset, then speakerphone, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back