Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event 119 and 7000: qic117 errors on WinNT 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgwillard

MIS
Jun 21, 2001
US
I have been having trouble with a SCSI attached tape library (Exabyte EZ17). It worked fine for a couple of months, then the server shut itself down, and the tape library won't register correctly now.

In the server's Event Viewer, I have two messages:
- Event ID: 119 "The description for Event ID(119) in Source (qic117) could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s):...
- Event ID: 7000 "The qic117 service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the device specified."

In Control Panel>Devices, qic117 shows as "Automatic", but not started.

Can anyone help me figure this out? Also, how can I decipher the codes at the bottom of a message in the Event Viewer? I'm sure those letters and numbers mean something, but who knows what.

Thanks so much for taking time to help me out!

I also receive the event ID error 7026. The description is The following boot-start or system start driver(s) failed to load:Asc
Any ideas. The mouse died at this workstation(NT 4.0) which got me interested in the event viewer today.

Thanks
-Diggz

Anyone uses ARCServe? I'm also having problem with my backup system. The NT 4.0 server attempted to initialize the HP DLT AutoLoader 818 twice at bootup but failed. When I was able to open ARCServe manager, but could not go any further than the first menu screen. ARCServe didn't respond at all. I had to do Ctrl-Alt-Del to end it. Any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back