Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Evenly distribute layers, but take into consideration their sizes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickcherryjiggz

Programmer
May 22, 2007
US
I know how to distribute a group of layers evenly (link them all together, then press one of the 3 distribute evenly buttons), but I don't always know how to get the result I'm looking for. For example, how would I go about distributing a group of layers (say, 5 or 6 words that will be links on a navigation bar, lined up side by side) so that the horizontal spacing between each pair of words is the same. If I choose to distribute horizontal centers, it comes close, but the larger words have less spacing around them. How can I make it take into consideration the width of each layer?

You need the option "DISTRIBUTE WIDTHS" which doesn't appear to be available in Photoshop.

I don't know about CS3, but certainly previous versions of Photoshop don't have an option to do this, unfortunately. It's surprising, because both Illustrator and InDesign can do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back