Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

evalute function

Status
Not open for further replies.

achai

MIS
May 23, 2000
US
i saw many evalute function in fusebox. <br>what's it for. what's the different result, if i don't use it.<br><br>e.g.<br>&lt;cfset &quot;caller.attributes.#urlname#&quot; = &quot;#evaluate(&quot;url.&quot;&&quot;#urlname#&quot;)#&quot;&gt;

The Allaire documentation for some of the functions is pretty unclear, isn't it?&nbsp;&nbsp;The evaluate() function is used when you find yourself with nested pound signs.<br><br>In many cases, I've wanted to display a form in which part of a field name is itself a variable:<br><br>&lt;CFLOOP INDEX=&quot;R&quot; FROM=&quot;1&quot; TO=&quot;5&quot;&gt;<br>&lt;INPUT TYPE=&quot;Text&quot; NAME=&quot;Field#R#&quot; SIZE=10&gt;<br>&lt;/cfloop&gt;<br><br>On the next page when you want to get to the value of each field you use evaluate:<br><br>&lt;CFLOOP INDEX=&quot;R&quot; FROM=&quot;1&quot; TO=&quot;5&quot;&gt;<br>&lt;CFSET foo = evaluate(&quot;Field#R#&quot;)&gt;<br>&lt;/cfloop&gt;<br>

is &lt;CFSET foo = evaluate(&quot;Field#R#&quot;)&gt; right?<br><br>can i change it to &lt;CFSET foo = #evaluate(Field#R#)#&gt;?<br><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back