Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

evaluating formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABetha

Programmer
Jul 14, 2010
US
I am trying to compare if the custNo and ItemNo in one table match the CustNo and ItemNo in another then I want to set the warrEnd1 to 12/31/1999 being out of warranty

if isnull({vSerialNo.WarrEnd1}) or {vSerialNo.WarrEnd1} = date(0,0,0) or {vSerialNo.WarrEnd1} =DateTimeValue ("12/31/9999") or ({CustomerModels.CustNo} <> {vSerialNo.CustNo} and {vSerialNo.ItemNo} <>{CustomerModels.ItemNo}) then
DateTimeValue ("12/31/1999")
else
({vSerialNo.WarrEnd1})

Not sure I fully understand what you are trying to do. I THINK you're looking for something like this:

Code:
if {vSerialNo.WarrEnd1} <> date(1999,31,12) or ({CustomerModels.CustNo} <> {vSerialNo.CustNo} and {vSerialNo.ItemNo} <>{CustomerModels.ItemNo}) then
	"12/31/1999"
else
	{vSerialNo.WarrEnd1}

yes expect for the fact that I always want to check for null or empty fields first.

You haven't explained what the problem is. What isn't working? Why aren't you linking the two tables on the two fields in the database expert? Use a left join FROM the table containing all records TO the table that might not contain all records. It looks like it should be FROM customermodels to vserialno. You should use no selection criteria on the vserialno table.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back