Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EV4 Hosted - Crash when saving to Excel, CSV and Dif

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReportSmithing

Programmer
Apr 15, 2005
US
Can anyone shed any light on this? I have a client that is hosted on EV4 using Citrix and this happens with multiple users using different computers. Report generation runs fine, but when you attempt to save your report in .xls, .csv or .dif formats (doesn't matter how many rows you have), rptsmith.exe will error out and close.

Is this a hosting issue or due to a setup on the client's side?

The exact error reads:

rptsmith.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x77fbaf6b" referenced memory at "0x7613000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program.

Are you saving to your local hard drive? When I do that (I'm running on Citrix also)it crashes. I have to save as csv or xls to the I: drive, then open an explorer window and copy the file and paste it into my hard drive. VERY annoying, but it seems to be the only way to do it.

Try deleting the temporary SBL files that Reportsmith uses for calculations.

The [Macro] or [Macro32] BinaryPath value in WINDOWS\RPTSMITH.INI and RS_RUN.INI may indicate where the sbl files are located. It's often a temp file folder (e.g. h:\temp or c:\temp).

With hosting, ini files may be found in the user's mapped personal folder (e.g. H:\windows). For premise clients they're often in C:\windows or "C:\documents and settings\<username>\windows".

If this doesn't work, please let me know and we can try a couple other ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back