Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

European ISDN & ImpactIQ compability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konstant

Technical User
Feb 28, 2004
GR
Can anyone tell if there actually is an inconsistency with the european ISDN an the USA one. I just bought an 3com ImpactIQ and I'm trying to install it into a Greek ISDN line and it just wont sychronize! The D-channel LED keeps flashing (it means that it sychronizing) and its suposed to stop at some time but it just keeps going!! Pls help

If you're talking of E1 ISDN. Make sure to test the facility, I mean the transmission medium. To test, put a loopback from the farend and a test equipment from your end, there should be a signal and no alarm this means that ur tranmission medium ok. Now check ur ISDN configuration like HDB3(PCM 30 or 31)for E1/ Coding and framing for T1(ESF B8ZS or AMI D4). Consider also the variant. Check also who is the user side and the network side(one must be a user and the other must be a network), Hope this will help you.

Roland

Ok, would you like to make that a bit simpler for me. You see I dont have any specialized equipment to run any tests. So any simplified thoughts would be more than welcome. Thanks

Is this the 3C882 (
Then it has an integrated NT1, uses 2 wires and line-coding which is popular in the USA (U-interface)

In europe they standardized on Euro-ISDN (DSS1 / NET3).
Usually the line comes to your house (U-interface) and terminates in a NT. This NT offers an interface (S-interface), where you can plug-in multiple devices which _don't_ have an integrated NT, use 4 wires and different line-coding and d-channel-protocol than in USA.

Your chance to use this device: If the ISDN-Line is provided by a local PBX/Switch, ask the admin if he can give you an U-interface with one of the protocols/switch-types your device is capable to talk to
(5ESS, DMS100, EWSD, NI-1).

good luck,
chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back