Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eudora / Internet Explorer conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesneyj

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2001
US
Hi,
I have a problem with Internet Explorer that seems to be caused by Eudora. IE keeps resetting the Text Size to Smaller instead of Medium. After digging thru the IE forum, a post indicated that there could be a conflict between Eudora's Microsoft Viewer and IE. So I shut off the Message Window feature (tools/options/viewing mail/message window/use MS viewer). This helped IE, the font stayed at medium, but now Eudora looked awful. I couldn't take the horrible look, so I turned it back on. And low and behold, the text size started to revert to Smaller again.

I have another Eudora problem. My preview pane resizes everytime I open the program. I collect a number of addresses with Eudora and have 6+ boxes open at all times. A couple versions ago, the preview panes would all keep the same size. Now, each time I shut down the program, 4 of the boxes will resize the preview pane. They are always the same 4 boxes. I have tried rebuilding a number of times. I have upgraded the software (I am on v 6.1.1.1) and followed all of the steps for a corrupted mail box. None of the solutions have solved this. Has this happened to anyone else and, if so, did you get it fixed?

Thank you.

Brenda Sherrod

On the font size, I've not found a fix except to NOT use the MS viewer. Don't see any difference with it on or off (doesn't look awful either way).

Have not seen the preview pane problem. I rarely keep more than 2 open at a time. Good luck!

I haven't seen the second error at all - I collect 15 email addresses with my Eudora, from various places, but when you say you have multiple boxes open simultaneously, do you have them cascaded, or tiled in the same viewing space, or are you keeping the boxes maximized so you can only view one at a time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back