Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eudora in the system tray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinDailey

Technical User
Nov 4, 2003
US
Can Eudora run in the backround without being visible next to the start menu (i.e. Can Eudora run in the SYSTEM TRAY?)

I want to have it check my email every 5 minutes but don't want to leave it open at all times (visibly). If anyone knows how to do this...please let me know.

Thanks!
Justin

Almost forgot to mention:

I am using Eudora 6.0 (Full version) for Windows XP.

There are 3rd party utilities which will do this for any program, unfortunately I do not have the name of one to hand, suggest you check the freeware/shareware sites for something suitable. I would be looking under "System Utilities" or similar headings.

Help us to help you, please post back and tell us if this helped.
All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

Thanks, Mulga. I looked around and found a program. I just wanted to put the name of it in here so that anyone with the same question can find an answer.

First I downloaded a Mail Alert 2.57. But, that only works WELL with Microsoft Outlook. So I deleted it.

Then I downloaded "Actual Titile Buttons." This allows you to minimize ANYTHING to the system tray. So I just minimize Eudora to the system tray and it makes an envelope when I have new mail. Very convienient!

THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back