Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EUDORA CAUSES DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokenstick

Technical User
Jan 20, 2003
US
I have used Eudora 5.1 (purchased) for approximately over one-and-a-half-years with Windows 2000 Professional, and have recently began getting a Blue Screen error on sending and filtering mail.

"The error is as follows:

STOP. 0x000000D1 (0x00000152, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xBFEBD6B5) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Address BFEBD6B5 base at BFEB3000, DateStamp 3cdaee06 - NDIS.sys

Beginning dump of physical memory"

Then it hangs, no memory dump.

I reinstalled the O/S with a clean format. Looking at some articles, there is nothing that refers to the NDIS.sys. Any suggestions?

Have you gone to Eudora's website to see if there is an upgrade or patch you can download? Jennifer Sigman
STILL unemployed...

Thanks, Jenn.

Yes, I have. The only thing offered is to make sure I have the update driver (which I already had).

I will keep looking . . .

The first post in the following thread sounds a lot like yours, Brokenstick:

Thread750-75282

ndis.sys has to do w/ your NIC card. You need to download the latest driver for your NIC. I've recently experienced this problem as well. I went to device manager and chose to update my network adapter driver. I have Windows XP so I chose a driver that was XP signed (not sure if 2000 has this feature as well). Since I installed that driver, I have not had a problem.

Good Luck.

i have a similar prob on nt4... every so often i get physical memory dump... i replaced the ram but still got same prob..

could it be that i need to re apply service pack 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back