Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eudora 5..11 not showing incoming mailboxes in bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy47

Technical User
Feb 21, 2002
US
Eudora has lost the incoming mailboxes that show along the bottom when mail arrives - that have been filtered into separate mailboxes - how do I get these back?
Thanks

In the Tools menu, Options, go to Display and check "Show MDI Task Bar" Help us to help you, please post back and tell us if this helped.

All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

Thanks for your reply.
'Show MDI task Bar' has always been checked - so something else went amiss.
Very odd isn't it?

Very strange... perhaps an "over the top" reinstall of Eudora may help. Help us to help you, please post back and tell us if this helped.

Tried that - didn't help :-(

Right at the end of the first section (settings) in Eudora.ini there should be a line that reads

ShowMDITaskbar=1

Check and confirm this is there and correct.

Only other thing I can think of is a complete removal and reinstall, back up your mailboxes (*.mbx & *.toc files) and anything else you need such as stationery, signatures and address book, they are all easy to find, also your recipient list (rcpdbase.txt) completely uninstall Eudora and reinstall. Bit drastic I know but can't think of anything else Help us to help you, please post back and tell us if this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back