Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ETrust version 7.1 Web Admin - how to access

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxheight

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2004
US
When installing either version 7 or 7.1 of Inoculate it, you have the option during the process to install the Web Admin module for Inoculate it. When I set up my admin server, I went ahead and added this item, but I have not been able to find any documentation on how to use the web GUI. Was wondering if anyone had any info on this interface?

Thanks

Mark

I find myself in the same boat just this morning. NOTHING on CA's website pertains to it. Same goes for eTrust 7 docs. The minute I find out I'll post it here. I swear CA does this just to piss us off :(

Good answer.

I need to call them on some other issues I have been having as well with the reporting feature not showing all of the details. I will post here as well if I find out anything.

Have a good one

Mark

I bit the bullet and gave CA a ring. It uses IIS as the actual web server. In a nutshell you have to make certain IIS is installed PRIOR to eTrust.

It be REALLY nice if CA by offering actual tech help on their website. At least a form of searchable knowledgebase.

Guys,
Lets do a little diggin in here. Try these steps if the machine has IIS:
Go to the IIS Management console and under default website, check for virtual folder called INO. Check if you are able to access local IIS from a browser. If you are able to, then use <machine_name>\INO
see if this helps. I came through the same scenario and posted an email request with them. Got this lighteninig response.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Virusbaba

baba counting starts now.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back