Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ETrust v7 and Win98 auto-download

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdstr

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2004
US
Greetings!

I'm deploying ETrust v7 on my mixed XP W98 client network and having issues with the W98 clients not being able to auto-download from our NT 4 distribution server. All the XP clients work perfectly but my W98 clients are very mixed; some will auto-download and others simply will not. Some of the W98 clients will auto-download once or twice then never again. Name resolution to our NT4 distribution server from the W98 clients works perfectly. I have a case opened up with CA t/s but thats pretty much worthless as the techs I've delt with don't know W98. Anyone have any thoughts? Going nuts here :(

Can you tell me if you have resolved your problems, only I have a similar one.

No, haven't solved the problem however I came up with a alternative solution. For my w98 boxes I have in the login script the /s switch to update manually. Not the most elegant solution but it is functional.

So does that switch /s just update the signature or re-install the application - I would have thought it was the latter ?

Actually it's for the actual signature download.

Example: fi_w9x.exe /s
fv_w9x.exe /s

I just made a entry in the login script same as above and every time a w98 user logins it updates their signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back