Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eTrust 7.1 Netware - Will not update

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdstr

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2004
US
Greetings!

Got the latest patch'd eTrust 7.1 running on a new Netware 6.5 sp2 box. Seems to work fine for the exception of auto download of signatures from CA's website. The error I get is; Unknown error 2250. This happens right after it attempts to connect to CA's ftp server. I can ping net perfectly fine, name resolution and ip. I also tried to have it update via out nt4 distro box but get the same error code.

Any clues?

Ted

Have you found a resolution to this problem?

We have encountered the same problem after the product worked for about 3 months.

We are running it on a NW 5.1 server.

Thanks,
Tom

No, I haven't found a answer yet. I did have CA's tech support take a look into it. They literally took control of our eTrust admin server and ended up disabling real-time protecion for our whole network! He kept monkeying around with our policies and eventually he just threw in the towel and said he couldn't solve our problem. No escalation, no research, no service.

This incident was the last straw and we're going to purge all CA products from our company.

Ted

We have identified our issues with the 2250 error - no thanks to CA.

If you contact me directly (tom@tcisystems.com), I will give you a phone number so that we can discuss the scenaro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back