Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ETL Tool Prices ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billou

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2001
FR
Hi,

I'm looking for an ETL tool, but it's not easy to get their prices (Development and Runtime versions)...

Can somebody send me some prices list ?

Thanks for your help.

Marc (marc.viforel@ccmx.fr)

i apologize for my poor english...

One of the reasons you're having problems getting prices is because in many cases prices are very negotiable. My experience with vendors is that they price according to the use. In many cases, if they know the company is small (i.e., not a lot of money) they will greatly reduce the price of the product. Other things come into play too - such as growth potential (i.e., more licenses), increases market share (beat competitors) and the combination of professional services with the license. Some very rough numbers for a few I've recently dealt with - Sagent - $60K, DataStage - $80K, Informatica - $200K. Again - these numbers vary greatly dependent upon the tool and licensing structures (these aren't on the same project/machine).

Write an RFI and send it to the vendors to get the ball rolling and get some numbers.

Hello. I now that the DataStage products have several different price points. I've seen it as small as $15K for development for one of their modules. I actually have a price list, but not with me. The Informatica PowerMart products are much higher (probablfy $60-200K. Why don't you write your own SQL ETL? It's cheaper. If you call me or send me an email (jmcdonald@endeca.com) I will give you the name of a person who can help you out.

Jane

I would appreciate if someone could give me the approximate time it would take for the COGNOS Transformer to load data into a cube from a flat file as compared to a relational table. What are the disadvantages and disadvantages in both cases. Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back