Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Etherchannel problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark72

Technical User
Mar 29, 2010
IT
Hello to everyone,

I have a problem with an etherchannel between a cisco 2950 and a couple of catalyst 4506.
The cisco 2950 is connect via an etherchannel to the catalyst 4506A. The channel consist of two port on both side and is in trunk mode, encapsulation dot1q.
Now i have the necessity to connect the 2950 to the other catalyst, 4506B.
So, i copy the same configuration on the 4506B, but when I unplug the two rj45 cables from the catalyst 4506A to plug them in the 4506B the etherchannel doesn't go up in any way.
Sorry i'm becoming crazy.
Have you some idea?
Thank's.

You need to use a different port-channel number for the new channel-group on the 2950?

Have you got them set to mode on, PAGP auto/desirable or LACP active/passive? Trunks on all ports is correct and also using channel-group command to tie the ports into the same port-channel number. Hope this helps.

It's all just paper cups and bits of string!!!!!!!!!

CCNA, CCDA, ACIS - Implement IP Office, ACSS - Implement IP Office, Convergence + etc...

This sounds like it might be as simple as using a crossover cable vs. straight through.

Good point, the description of the problem might be wrong - did the OP mean to say "The etherchannel doesn't go up", or did he mean to say "I get no physical link".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back