Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ESXi losing config 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

withanh

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2008
US
I must be missing something. I configure my network adapters, I configure my VMs. I was simulating a host outage and downed blade1, then brought them up on blade2, rebooted blade1 and none of the network adapters are configured and none of the VMs show.

Is there something I missed to have the ESXi host keep the config through a power failure?

Yep, yep, & yep. And get this, I rebooted again this morning on blade1 and the config held... so I guess it kind of resolved itself.

I'll still star ya for hanging with me and pointing me at some good doc's.

Thanks Techy!

h

It must have finally hit the save configuration interval to the usb drive.

Good to hear!!

Yes, definitely good to hear. I read on another forum that they thought it was supposed to save every hour...don't know if that's accurate or not, but it's saved now and survived my power failure scenario. Guess I'm ready to deploy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back