Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Estimated Queue Time in Solidus

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonnag

Technical User
Sep 11, 2012
GB
Hi Guys

I'm trying to set up a Solidus Group queue so that the incomming caller hears their estimated waiting time. I understand that it calculates the average wait time based on the duration of the last 10 calls answered.

I have set up a test group and placed 12 calls to it and made sure they were all answered and lasted between 1-4 minutes. I then made a 13th call whilst the 12th was still being serviced so it went into the queue. However when i heard the queue message it just kept saying that my wait time was 10 seconds. I would have thought that the estimated wait time should have been at least 50-60 seconds based on the duration on the previous 10 answered calls.

Cheers

Wonnag

the EWT calculation method depends on a setting in the contact center system properties.
default the setting is set to Agent Availability, so make sure that the "Use Last Ten Calls" option is set...

from the manual:
Use Agent Availability – Estimated Waiting Time is calculated based on the times collected over the time specified by the Performance Interval defined for the service group.

Use Last Ten Calls – Estimated Waiting Time is calculated based on the times that have been collected over the last ten calls.

Cheers,
Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Hi Daddy

I've checked and it is set to use last 10 calls. In the management console i have set the message to Duration and Parameter 1.

Thanks

Wonnag

it's parameter 2 for duration, 1 is for position in que. it's in config manager user guide if you read it.

best parnum

Also, don't set the end time to infinite on group closed at no logged on agent.

best parnum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back